neyasitseraya

bookworm way of things

My ramblings on books, miscellaneous and nonystematic. Romance, YA, paranormal, fantasy urban and not, sci-fi and everything in between.
Double Clutch: A Brenna Blixen Novel (Volume 1) - Liz Reinhardt I don't know, maybe I am too grown up for this book *shudders*, but I don't understand - what is it there that is worth of 4 stars rating ? I have finished it, but all the way I expected some kind of twist or plot development. I couldn't connect with any of the characters. Brenna was so Mary Sue to me - everybody instantly loved her. We are told that she is smart and funny and pretty hot. But there was nothing in the book to indicate it. Saxon was actually kind of interesting. I love these dark and twisted persons. But what looked to me quite promising turned out to be a zilch. Jake was just plane boring, even with his past escapades. I really hate it when main heroes are in intstalove, the moment they got together (1/3 down the storyline) I was bored out of my mind. This book actually wasn't not all bad, I loved scenes of intimacy between Jake and Brenna, and sparks between Saxon and Brenn, hence 2 stars instead of one.